Thursday, September 20, 2012

Encaustic Collage 2012 Art 4














My theme is nightlife; which my goal was to show in my Encaustic Collage. I tried to portray this with the combination of trees, dark figures in the background, and the moon. I used a textured white piece for the moon a frilly piece of cloth around the moon. Newspaper and magazine pieces. Also used scrap-booking materials. The tree is done through image transfer. Of course bees wax is used for the colors. Things that i like is the tree and the upper corner where you can clearly see that it says people surrounded with the scrap-booking piece. The hard part of this would have to been getting the tree to stand out against everything else. I wish I could have done it without the white behind it.

2 comments:

  1. First I want to say... I love that tree!!! That is so very cool. Also, I really like the color scheme. The brown feels very earthy and it really pulls it together. You also seemed to get a really cool texture with the wax. I'm excited to see some more pieces from you!

    ReplyDelete