Thursday, September 20, 2012

Encaustic Painting 2012 Art 4

This is my encaustic painting. Which I'm also trying to show the idea of nightlife within. So it contains bats, the moon and darker sky. I used the color scheme of violet, dark blue, Parma violet(lighter sky color), and green. I used bees-wax for most of it had to define the bats with ink however. I am very proud of this actually. Turned out better than i was expecting. I had trouble defining the bats mostly. It's very hard to define an object using the wax medium.

2 comments:

  1. This is pretty cool, is that supposed to be a body of water beneath it?

    I think it would have been better if you used some of the tools to create a better texture in the bottom half of the piece (it's pretty much the best thing about encaustics).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is suppose to be a body of water. I tried to use the tools but it would blend the colors together so badly when it melted that it all just turned one color instead of applying texture to it.

    ReplyDelete