Sunday, October 21, 2012

Eraser Drawing

This is my eraser drawing i did recently in class. With my theme nightlife I choose to have a car going over a long road in the mountains at night. Then I choose a mustang for the car just because I love mustangs. This piece is done fully with charcoal. One thing I like is the car itself and the contrast between the car and the road. However the color i put into the headlights I would have liked to been able to extend out more so like it is actually in the air but it didn't work because of the darkness of the road and the side effects of the charcoal. The dimensions are 11" by 17".

2 comments:

  1. Love your piece Tiffy! Good contrast! I almost wish there were more streaks connecting the movement between cars and the clouds look a little funky to me, but you captured the movement well and the car looks AWESOME! Good job Tif!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the effect of the winding road in this piece. It isn't easy to show that and you did it very well. The concept for this eraser drawing is neat.

    ReplyDelete